Yalu102 Jailbreak iOS 10.2 is out. Luca Todesco released latest Yalu102 iOS 10.2 jailbreak last night. You can now download Yalu102 iOS 10.2 jailbreak IPA file for all compatible devices. Also, Cydia and Cydia substrate support is backed so that you should be able to download minimal tweaks and packages which actually needed substrate support and compatible with iOS 10 and above. You may get excited to jailbreak your device with iOS 10.2 jailbreak release yesterday. But there are few things to consider before you proceed to jailbreak iOS 10.2.
First, one to consider is, Yalu102 iOS 10.2 jailbreak is flagged as Alpha means it could have bugs and may create issues with your device. Also, Todesco doesn’t add support for 32-bit devices in latest iOS 10.2 jailbreak and as Todesco earlier said, this jailbreak has no support for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus. So those who has latest iOS devices better be in iOS 10.1 jailbreak till the support added. Those who upgraded to iOS 10.2.1 and wants to jailbreak can downgrade to iOS 10.2. So, Follow the guides how to downgrade from iOS 10.2.1 to iOS 10.2 and How to jailbreak iOS 10.2 to jailbreak your iOS firmware.
Pre-Requisites to iOS 10.2 Jailbreak
- Supported devices: iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE and iPad Pro.
- No support for latest iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus and 32-bit devices.
- Yalu jailbreak IPA file. Download Yalu102 iOS 10.2 jailbreak IPA file from here.
- Download Cydia impactor from here. http://cydiaimpactor.com
- A free or developer Apple ID. If you don’t have one create here: appleid.apple.com
- A computer running either windows or MAC with the latest version of iTunes installed.
How to Jailbreak iOS 10.2 Using Yalu Jailbreak
Warning: Yalu jailbreak is flagged as an “alpha” build and might create issues on your device, so proceed at your own risk. We would strongly recommend waiting until a more stable version of the tool is available. If you want to continue to follow below steps to jailbreak iOS 10.2.
- Check the supported devices list and confirm once before proceeding to the iOS 10.2 jailbreak process.
- Connect your device to a computer running Windows or MAC using USB/ lightning
- Now, launch iTunes and take backup of data on the device so that we can get all the data back if anything goes wrong in iOS 10.2 jailbreak process.
- Extract the previously downloaded Cydia Impactor package and save them safely on your machine.
- Now from the files extracted, right click on Impactor.exe file i.e Cydia impactor executable file and launch it.
- If you are Windows user just click on Run, don’t Run as Administrator. Doing this makes Drag and Drop of files not work on Windows 10.
- Once launched Cydia Impactor will detect your devices connected, select your device from the drop-down.
- Now drag the Yalu102 iOS 10.2 jailbreak IPA file downloaded earlier and drop in Cydia impactor window.
- It will ask for sign in with the developer account Apple ID. You can sign in with free developer account or full developer account. If you use free Apple developer account ID, app certificate will expire in 7 days. You have to repeat the process again after a week. So use full Apple Developer account ID to ensure the certificate remain valid for one year. So, enter valid Apple ID and password and click OK.
- Cydia Impactor will fetch the related certificates, digitally sign the IPA file and install it. It will take some time so wait for the completion of installation.
- Once installed, disconnect your device from computer and head to Settings >General > Profile(s) & Device Management or General > Device Management and hit Trust and then Trust again on the certificate you used to install this jailbreak app.
- Now go to home screen and launch Yalu102 app. You will get a pop up saying this app may slow down your iPhone, tap on Ok.
- Click on Go to start jailbreak process and wait until the completion of the process of the jailbreak.
- Once done, your device will reboot automatically. Cydia should appear on the home screen if not, launch Yalu102 and jailbreak again.
That is the end of the iOS 10.2 jailbreak process. Now your device is jailbroken. Cydia will take some time to perform initial setup when you launch for the first time. Once done, you can use it as usual.
Update 1: Yalu102 beta 6 iOS 10.2 jailbreak released with bug fixes and new device support.
Update 2: Yalu102 Beta 7 ioS 10.2 Jailbreak relaesed with support to iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 4.
It is a semi-untethered jailbreak. You need to run Yalu102 app every time you reboot your device. Anyhow it won’t be a problem as we won’t reboot our devices much. That’s all about how to jailbreak iOS 10.2. If any issues in jailbreaking procedure let us know through comments so that we can help you in resolving the issue.
Check Here: How to Check SHSH Blobs Are Valid or Not