Hello readers, welcome to Cydiabuzz. Today we came up with one more interesting topic IPSW download. IPSW files are just individual iOS firmware downloads. An IPSW file contains data used by Apple iTunes for software restore and minor updates to the iPhone and iPod Touch. These files can be used to update iOS devices manually with the help of iTunes. Today we are going to discuss how to have IPSW downloads for your iOS devices with particular iOS version.
IPSW Download for Latest Version of iOS Firmware for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
Follow below methods to download IPSW files for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Head over to the website: https://ipsw.me/ from your browser.
- Choose your product from the given products (iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, iTunes and Apple Watch).
- Now select your device model from the displayed list.
- You will get iOS versions and also you can see two sections Signed IPSWs and Unsigned IPSWs.
- Signed IPSWs means your firmware is signed and can be restored to it in iTunes. Unsigned IPSWs means your firmware is not signed and cannot be restored to it in iTunes.
- Click on the version you wanted and click on Download button to start IPSW downloads for your iOS firmware.
You can have IPSW downloads for the latest versions of iOS firmware for iPhone from the below direct download links.
- iOS 10.1 (iPhone 5 GSM): iPhone_4.0_32bit_10.1_14B72_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 10.1 (iPhone 5 GSM+CDMA): iPhone_4.0_32bit_10.1_14B72_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 10.1 (iPhone 5s GSM): iPhone_4.0_64bit_10.1_14B72_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 10.1 (iPhone 5s GSM+CDMA): iPhone_4.0_64bit_10.1_14B72_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 10.1 (iPhone 5c GSM): iPhone_4.0_32bit_10.1_14B72_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 10.1 (iPhone 5c GSM+CDMA): iPhone_4.0_32bit_10.1_14B72_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 10.1 (iPhone 6 Plus): iPhone_5.5_10.1_14B72_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 10.1 (iPhone 6): iPhone_4.7_10.1_14B72_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 10.1 (iPhone 6s): iPhone_4.7_10.1_14B72_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 10.1 (iPhone 6s Plus): iPhone_5.5_10.1_14B72_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 10.1 (iPhone SE): iPhoneSE_10.1_14B72_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 10.1 (iPhone 7): iPhone_7_10.1_14B72c_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 10.1 (iPhone 7 Plus): iPhone_7Plus_10.1_14B72c_Restore.ipsw
How to Use IPSW Files
Now you know the procedure to download latest IPSW files. Once after completion of all IPSW downloads, you might be curious to know how to use it to update your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. You can use IPSW files on Mac or Windows, both require iTunes to work properly. To use the latest version of IPSW firmware files to update or restore an iOS device, you’ll want to be sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed as well.
- Before going to use IPSW files to update or Restore your iDevice, take backup of your device in iTunes.
- Now Connect your iPhone or iOS device to your computer
- Select the device in iTunes which you wished to Update or Restore
- On a Mac, hold down the “Option” key and then click on “Update”
- On a Windows PC, hold down “SHIFT” key and then click on “Update”
- Select the IPSW file you downloaded and click “Choose”
- Let the iOS device update as usual.
- For restoring the device, click on “Restore” and select an IPSW instead but you will lose the existing files and settings on your iOS device.
This is all about how to have IPSW downloads for latest iOS versions firmware for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and how to use them for updating or restoring your iOS device. Download the files from above-mentioned methods and follow the procedure to update or restore your device. Please let us know if any queries regarding IPSW files download and usage. Hope you like the article. Do share it on social media and let your friends know the process to update or restore their iOS firmware manually using IPSW files. Keep visiting us for more updates on iOS and jailbreak community.