Hello buddies, welcome to Cydia buzz. Today here we are presenting the tutorial on What is DFU mode in iPhone? What is the DFU mode used for? How to put iPhone in DFU mode? and How to exit DFU mode in iPhone? etc. So without any delay, let’s plunge into the topic DFU mode on iPhone. Also Read : How to jailbreak iOS 10 -10.1.1
What Is DFU Mode?
DFU mode stands for Device Firmware Update. DFU mode is a state of iPhone where it can interface with iTunes but not load iOS operating system or boot loader. Your iOS device is on DFU mode that means your device is powered on and can communicate with iTunes on your Windows or MAC but not booted up the operating system so that you can make changes to the operating system that you couldn’t be able to do earlier.
Why We Use DFU mode for
We won’t put iPhone in DFU mode regularly. One important reason to put iPhone in DFU mode is to change your devices OS i.e to downgrade from current operating system to earlier OS. Downgrading might be of many reasons like new version OS causing issues on your firmware or to downgrade the OS to jailbreakable versions etc. Whether you want to jailbreak, un-jailbreak, an update from an expired beta, or need a solution when nothing else is working, Apple has a solution for you i.e to Put iPhone in DFU mode can be your last, best hope for success.
How to Put iPhone In DFU Mode
Putting iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in DFU mode is not quite an easy process. You may need to try several times to successfully put iPhone in DFU mode. It took me nine times to be successful. So be patient and try and try until getting success.
- You need to have the latest version of iTunes on your Windows or MAC PC to put iPhone in DFU mode. So, confirm once you have installed the latest version of iTunes prior going to the process.
- Launch iTunes and Connect your device to PC using lightning cable.
- Next Turn off iPhone, iPad or iPod touch by holding the power button and swiping the Slide to Power Off slider to the right.
- Now press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
- Next press and hold the Home Button without releasing Power button. Hold them for 10 seconds. If you see apple logo you need to start the process again or else follow the next step.
- After 10 seconds release the power button and keep holding the Home button for 5 more seconds. You will see below message from iTunes.
- Now release the home button. If your screen is black, you are in DFU mode.
- You are seeing any apple logo or any other iTunes Connect screen means, you hold the home button for too long so try the process again.
That’s it how to put iPhone in DFU mode. iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus users try above process once if it is not working replace the Home button with volume down button and try again to put iPhone in DFU mode.
This is all about how to put iPhone in DFU mode. For iPhone 6 and the later power button is on the right side and for all other iPhones, iPads and iPods it is on top. So follow the guide carefully, you won’t get succeeded in one attempt. Try and try till your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch put in DFU mode. That is the end of the tutorial. Thanks for visiting us. Keep visiting us for more iOS and jailbreak updates.