Here is the complete guide how to downgrade iOS 10.3 beta to iOS 10.2.1 on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Apple released iOS 10.3 beta 3 today to developers with a lot of features and bug fixes. The most noteworthy feature is Find My Airpods. As it is a beta update, it is not completely stable so may cause issues. Are you regretting leaving your older iOS firmware and updating to Apples new release? Don’t worry you can roll back to the earlier iOS version by downgrading the firmware. But downgrading also has its own restrictions which must be taken into consideration.
You need to decide how many options are available for you to downgrade iOS firmware. For now, from iOS 10.3 beta, you can only get back to iOS 10.2.1 as that is the only version signed by Apple. Apple will stop signing iOS 10.2.1 once the stable IOS 10.3 released. So, this is the best time to downgrade iOS 10.2.1 till the release of final version of iOS 10.3. So, today here we are giving you the tutorial how to downgrade iOS 10.3 beta to iOS 10.2.1.
Requirements To Downgrade iOS 10.3 Beta to iOS 10.2.1
- You can Downgrade any iOS 10.3 beta to iOS 10.2.1 following this guide.
- You need to have PC running Windows or MAC with the latest version of iTunes installed.
- You can downgrade to only iOS 10.2.1 as this is the only iOS version signed currently by Apple.
- Take a backup of your device using iTunes. If anything goes wrong, you can recover data from iTunes. you’ll be able to restore only from your latest iOS 10.2.1 compatible backup. You won’t be able to restore from the iOS 10.3 back-ups. If you don’t have your iOS 10.2.1 backup, then you can manually backup your photos and any necessary information before downgrading.
- High-speed internet connection.
- Download IPSW files for IOS 10.2.1 on following our guide to download IPSW files.
How to Downgrade iOS 10.3 Beta to iOS 10.2.1
- Turn off Find My Phone feature on your iOS device. For this open Settings app, navigate to iCloud and turn off the Find My Phone feature.
- Now connect your device to a computer running windows or MAC using USB/lightning
- Once device connected launch iTunes.
- Now put your device in DFU mode. This is the tricky part in this process. To put the iOS device in DFU mode follow the guide how to put iPhone in DFU mode. It will not work for the first time but, keep trying till you get succeeded.
- Once device in DFU mode, go to iTunes connected devices section and hold down the Shift key in windows or Option[ALT] key on MAC and click on Restore iPhone button.
- Now you will be asked to select the IPSW files downloaded for your iOS device.
- Once selected follow the instruction and click on Install. iTunes will start downgrading process.
iTunes will take some time to complete the downgrading process. So do not turn off your device till the process completed and your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch rebooted to an older version.
That’s it the article how to downgrade iOS 10.3 beta to 10.2.1. Follow the guide and downgrade iOS to earlier firmware. That’s the end of the tutorial. Do share it on social media if you like the article. Thanks for visiting us. Keep visiting us for more updates. You can join us on Facebook or Twitter for keeping yourself updated with latest news and tweaks from iPhone and iPad jailbreak community.