Whatsapp is the most popular messaging app in the world. Nowadays users giving most importance to the security of their personal data. To ensure that Whatsapp a Facebook-owned company today launched two-step verification security system for their users. This feature adds an additional layer of protections when you are registering and confirming your account on a different device. Today we are presenting here How to enable two-step verification for Whatsapp on iPhone or Android.
How to Enable Two-Step Verification For Whatsapp
- To enable two-step verification first, launch the Whatsapp on your iPhone or iPad.
- With app launched navigate to Settings > Account > Two-Step verification.
- Now, you will get a screen providing some information about this two-step verification and Enable button. Tap on Enable to continue.
- You will be asked to enter the 6 digit Passcode. Whatsapp doesn’t create any Passcode, unlike many two-step verification processes. Users should create their own Passcodes. So, enter your own Passcode and tap on Next.
- Now, you will be asked to confirm the Passcode. Enter the Passcode created again and tap on next to confirm.
- Once Passcode confirmed, you will be asked to enter a rescue email ID. This email id will be useful when you want to reset the passcode if it is forgotten. Whatsapp will send a link to this email for resetting passcode.
- So, enter the valid email address and tap on Next followed by email address confirmation.
- Now, tap on Done to complete the setting of two-step verification process.
That’s it, now you have enabled two-step verification for Whatsapp on your iPhone or Android devices to ensure the security by adding an extra layer of protection.
How to disable two-step verification on WhatsApp
- To disable two-step verification first, launch WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android.
- Once launched navigate to Settings > Account > Two-Step Verification and tap on Disable.
- You will get a pop-up asking for confirmation. Tap on Disable again confirming the action.
That’s it, you have now disabled the two-step verification on your iPhone or Android.
How to Change two-step verification passcode
Sometimes you may want to change Passcode for two-step verification because of many reasons like forgetting passcode etc.
- First, launch the Whatsapp for iPhone or Android.
- Once launched, navigate to Settings > Account > Two-Step Verification and tap on Change Passcode.
- Now, you will be asked to enter a new Enter new 6 digit passcode followed by confirming it.
That’s it, now you have successfully changed the passcode for two-step verification on Whatsapp.
How to Change two-step verification email address
- To change the email address first, launch WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android.
- Once launched tap Settings > Account > Two-Step Verification and tap on Change Email Address.
- Now, you will be asked to enter a new email address. Enter a new rescue email address for two-step verification followed by confirming it.
That’s it, now you have successfully changed your rescue email address for two-step verification on Whatsapp.
Don’t skip the step to give an email address and also check the email address once given. You will lose access to your WhatsApp account if you forget Passcode but didn’t provide a rescue email address through which you could disable two-step verification. Thanks for visiting us. Keep visiting us for more updates.