Hello buddies, welcome to cydiabuzz. We have already discussed how to jailbreak iOS 10.1/10.1.1 using Yalu jailbreak with mach_portal. We already know that this is not a stable jailbreak and also Cydia substrate is disabled. As a result, we cannot access all the tweaks through Cydia. So we bring you the procedure to fix and enable Cydia substrate on iOS 10/10.1.1 jailbreak on compatible iPhone and iPad devices.
Prior going to fix and enable Cydia substrate on iOS 10/10.1.1 jailbreak, we need to remember one thing. This is an unofficial fix released by Ijapija00 to enable Cydia substrate. It may cause many issues to your devices. It can also brick your device. It is not completely safe for your iOS device. If you are not a developer or an advanced user, we won’t recommend you to install it. As we already know substrate is disabled intentionally for a reason that to specifically prevent people running before they can walk and mess up their devices. So, wait till the official fix from Luca in future Yalu jailbreak version.
How to Fix and Enable Cydia Substrate After iOS 10 Jailbreak
Keeping all these aside for developers and advanced users here is how to fix and enable Cydia substrate for iOS 10 jailbreak.
- To proceed for the fix and enable Cydia substrate on iOS 10/10.1.1 jailbreak, you need to have jailbroken iOS 10 device. If you are not jailbroken, you can go through our previous guide on how to jailbreak iOS 10/10.1.1 with mach_portal and Yalu Jailbreak.
- Now take your jailbroken iOS 10 device and open Cydia. Here we need to add a source to get the package available to enable substrate. So go to sources tab, click on edit and then click on Add.
- Enter the URL: http://218.67.215/~ijapija00/cydia and click on Add Source.
- When adding source completed. Refresh Cydia once and search for ‘’Substrate Fix(iOS 10)’’ through search or in the repository.
- Now install the package ‘’Substrate Fix (iOS 10)’’ from search results and wait for the device to reboot or respring after successful installation.
- Now, with the package installed, simply launch it, which should force the device to respring.
This is it to get Cydia substrate enabled on iOS 10 jailbreak. I know this is a large process to just enable Cydia substrate and also risky. So, it is better to wait till the official and stable jailbreak release for iOS 10. This may cause many issues to your iPhone. Unless and until you have much deeper technical knowledge on jailbreak or a developer, we won’t recommend you to fix through this method. So it is up to you to take the risk or not. Our suggestion is to wait for more stable and complete jailbreak. Keep visiting us for more updates on iOS and jailbreak.