Hello all, welcome to Cydia buzz. Today here we are presenting the full tutorial on how to downgrade iOS 10.2.1 to iOS 10.2 on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Your new iOS version causing issues? Are you regretting leaving your older iOS firmware and updating to Apples new release? Don’t worry you can roll back to the earlier iOS version by downgrading the firmware. Not only issues in newer versions sometimes jailbreak also can be a reason to downgrade iOS for those who loves to jailbreak and updated to latest firmware release in excitement. But downgrading also has its own restrictions which must be taken into consideration.
You need to decide how many options are available for you to downgrade iOS firmware. For now, from iOS 10.2.1, you can only get back to iOS 10.2 as that is the only version signed by Apple. Yalu102 iOS 10.2 jailbreak is also released yesterday. So, this is the best time to downgrade iOS 10.2.1 to iOS 10.2 for jailbreak lovers if they upgraded to iOS 10.2.1 because Apple may stop signing iOS 10.2 anytime. So, today here we are giving you the tutorial how to downgrade iOS 10.2.1 to iOS 10.2.
How to Downgrade iOS 10.2.1 to IOS 10.2
- You need to have a computer running Windows or MAC OS with the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Keep the IPSW files for iOS 10.2 ready. If you don’t have to follow our guide to download IPSW files for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Turn off Find My Phone feature on your iOS device. For this open Settings app, navigate to iCloud and turn off the Find My Phone feature.
- Now connect your device to a computer running windows or MAC using USB/lightning
- Once device connected launch iTunes.
- Now put your device in DFU mode. This is the tricky part in this process. To put the iOS device in DFU mode follow the guide how to put iPhone in DFU mode. It will not work for the first time but, keep trying till you get succeeded.
- Once device in DFU mode, go to iTunes connected devices section and hold down the Shift key in windows or Option[ALT] key on MAC and click on Restore iPhone button.
- Now you will be asked to select the IPSW files downloaded for your iOS device.
- Once selected follow the instruction and click on Install. iTunes will start downgrading process.
Update: Apple Stop signing iOS 10.2 so, this process of downgrading will not work. Check the details here.
iTunes will take some time to complete the downgrading process. So do not turn off your device till the process completed and your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch rebooted to an older version.
That’s it the article how to downgrade iOS 10.2.1 to 10.2. Follow the guide and downgrade iOS to earlier firmware. That’s the end of the tutorial. DO share it on social media if you like the article. Thanks for visiting us. Keep visiting us for more updates.
Also Check: iOS 10 Jailbreak Tweaks