Hello buddies, welcome to Cydiabuzz. Recently we have covered the tutorial on how to download GBA4iOS, Emu4iOS on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Today it’s time to go with one more interesting emulator which is very familiar to us in our childhood to play games i.e PlayStation Emulator. App Store is increasing day by day and we can play many tremendous games on our iOS devices but that fact which we need to agree is, we are all missing the experience to play games using gaming consoles that we used to play in our childhood.
Personally, I am the biggest fan of gaming consoles. I have spent a lot of time playing games through gaming consoles in my childhood. But these days all I can see is mobiles, tablets, iPhones and iPads which make me feel sad how these generation kids are missing those amazing titles of our childhood. We all know the GBA4iOS emulator which gained a lot of popularity as a proof for us that much more are thinking like us. Today we are going to discuss one more emulator i.e PlayStation emulator and tutorial on how to download and install PlayStation emulator for iOS 9 and 9.0.2 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with RetroArch.
How to Install PlayStation Emulator for iOS 9 and 9.0.2 on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
PlayStation emulator cannot be installed without jailbreak, unlike GBA4iOS emulator. So, if you are not a jailbroken iDevice user, first jailbreak your device prior following the installation procedure. Follow below steps to download PlayStation emulator if you have jailbroken your iOS device.
- Launch Cydia on your iPhone and navigate to Sources.
- Click on Edit at top tight then click on Add at top left corner.
- Enter the URL : http://libretro.com/repo/cydia and tap on Add Source.
- Now, Return to Cydia and search for RetroArch.
- Choose RetroArch(iOS9) from the results listings and Install it to your iOS device.
- Once installation completed head over to Search again and search for Automatic SSH and Install it also. This will help you in the transfer of ROMs to your device.
With the above step PlayStation emulator download for iOS on your iPhone is completed successfully. Now you need to configure it.
Configure PlayStation Emulator – RetroArch
Follow below steps and configure the emulator to play PlayStation games.
- Launch RetroArch app on your iOS device and click on Online Updater.
- Now click on the Update GLSL Shaders and wait until the completion of updating.
- Tap Update Overlaysand wait for it to complete.
- Click Update Databasesand again, wait for it to complete.
- Tap Update Autoconfig Profiles and let it finish.
- Next, click Update Assetsand wait for completion.
- Now, tap Update Core Info Files.
- When that is finished, tap Core Updater. Now you will see a long list, click on PlayStation (PCSX ReARMed) [Interpreter].
- Now click Back two times and tap on Load Core.
- In Load Core, select the PlayStation option which you have just enabled.
That’s it, you have just completed the process to download PlayStation emulator RetroArch for your iOS device. Now you need to get the ROMs to your device to play games. Search and download the ROMs from the web of the games you want to play, or rip them yourself if you still have the original copy of the games lying around. Now connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer and SSH them to your device to the directory /var/mobile/documents so that RetroArch can detect them. You can do that using either the SSH shell or FTP apps such as WinSCP (Windows) or Cyberduck (Mac).
Once the required ROMs copied to the device, you just need to select the game and play within RetroArch. For that follow below steps to select games.
- Open RetroArch app from home screen.
- Now click on Load Content and then tap on Select File.
- As a next step click on /var/mobile/documents directory where you copied ROMs earlier.
- Now, select the game you wished to play and enjoy the games.
That is all about How to install PlayStation emulator RetroArch for iOS 9 and 9.0.2 on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. You can follow the complete guide to installing PlayStation emulator RetroArch for your iOS devices, copy ROMs to your device and play the games. Follow each step and get back to your childhood by playing games on PlayStation game console. Hope the process worked for you. Please let us know if any problem in installing the emulator so that we can help you resolving the issue.