Jailbreak for iOS 10.1/10.1.1 is released. Few day back a famous hacker Luca Todesco released Yalu jailbreak for iOS 10.1/10.1.1. Today we Cydia buzz team tested and writing here the complete jailbreak process to jailbreak iOS 10.1/10.1.1 using Yalu jailbreak, mach portal, and Cydia impactor. However, this jailbreak is still infancy stage i.e beta version. So, you may get some unstable situations after jailbreaking your iOS devices. Also, cydia substrate is disabled in this jailbreak so that you can’t install all the tweaks from Cydia. So, it is up to you whether to jailbreak or not. If you even wished to jailbreak follow the below procedure to jailbreak iOS 10.1/10.1.1 on iPhone, iPad.
Also Read: List of IOS 10 jailbreak tweaks to check out
Prior going to jailbreak iOS 10.1/10.1.1 we need to have below things to complete the process successfully.
- Yalu jailbreak is not supported for all 64bit devices. Supported devices are iPhone7 and iPhone 7 plus running iOS 10.1 or iOS 10.1.1, iPhone6S and iPhone6S Plus running iOS 10.1 or iOS 10.1.1 and iPad pro running iOS 10.1 or iOS 10.1.1.
- You need to have Yalu jailbreak IPA file on your device. If you don’t have download file from the Link.
- Download Cydia impactor from cydiaimpactor.com.
- You need to have a free or a developer apple ID. If you don’t have apple ID, you can register at applied.apple.com.
- A computer running windows or MAC and latest version of iTunes.
Step by Step Guide to Jailbreak iOS 10.1/10.1.1
Jailbreak iOS 10.1/10.1.1 using Yalu jailbreak and Cydia impactor is a semi-tethered jailbreak. You need to keep the device in jailbreak mode every time you reboot your device. Follow below step by step procedure to jailbreak iOS 10.1/10.1.1
- Check whether your device is supported or not and connect it to your computer using USB cable.
- Before starting jailbreak iOS 10.1/10.1.1 procedure take backup of your data using iTunes so that you can restore everything if anything goes wrong while jailbreaking.
- Now navigate to Settings –>Touch ID & Passcode and disable Touch ID & Passcode.
- Go to Settings –> iCloud –> Find My iPhone and disable the Find My iPhone option.
- Now locate the Cydia impactor zip file and extract it.
- Launch Cydia impactor by launching Impactor.exe file.
- Drag and drop Yalu jailbreak IPA file on to Cydia impactor.
- You will get a pop-up asking for apple ID. Enter the apple ID and click on OK.
- Wait till Cydia impactor complete the installation of jailbreak app onto your device.
- Once the installation completed navigate to Settings > General > Profile(s) & Device Managementor General > Device Management and click on Trust.
- Now you can see a mach_portal icon on home screen. Launch the mach_portal app and wait for 15 to 20 secs, it will show white screen on this time and closes itself.
- Now you can see Cydia app on home screen. If it is not there a reboot or hard reboot your device and it should be there.
That’s it the procedure to jailbreak iOS 10.1/10.1.1 Now you can get all benefits of jailbreak.
As we already said it is not complete jailbreak. It is a just beta jailbreak. You can’t install all the tweaks using this jailbreak as Cydia substrate is disabled. One more thing you need to remember is better to use developer apple ID while jailbreaking you iOS 10.1.1 device. If you use free apple id jailbreak will expire in seven days. After seven days you need to jailbreak your device again. In another case if you use developer apple ID it will last for one year. So using developer apple id will make us use jailbreak for one year without any problem.
As we already discussed it is a semi-untethered jailbreak. You need to run mach_portal app every time you reboot your device. Anyhow it won’t be a problem as we won’t reboot our devices much. That’s all about jailbreak iOS 10.1/10.1.1. If any issues in jailbreaking procedure let us know through comments so that we can help you in resolving the issue.