Kodi XBMC media player one of the lovable apps I use on my Jailbroken iPhone. I personally use Kodi to stream live native channels to my iOS devices via an HDHomeRun box, however, I also use it to stream videos from an external drive attached to my airport extreme. It’s an excellent app that’s not simply restricted to jailbroken device due to Xcode seven. Yes, it’s true you can have Kodi XBMC download and install without jailbreak also. Isn’t is surprising you? Are you excited to know the procedure to XBMC download to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch? If yes, you go with this article.
Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more. Kodi runs on Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet.
Features of KODI (XBMC)
- Music: Kodi can play all your music files. It supports all formats as AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV, and WMA.
- Movies: Using Kodi XBMC you can play movies too. Supports all formats as ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM and also can play stream-able online media.
- Can see TV shows.
- Pictures: Import images into the library. You can browse the different views, can start slideshow, sort or filter using remote control.
- Kodi allows you to watch and record live TV.
- Add-ons: It has add-ons for videos, music, to change behavior etc.
- Skins: You can completely change the GUI using customizable skins available.
- Remote controls.
Requirements to Kodi XBMC Download for iOS
- A jailbroken iOS device running iOS 5.1.1 or higher for Kodi XBMC download from Cydia.
- If you want Kodi XBMC download for iOS without jailbreak
- iDevice running iOS 5.1.1 or higher
- MAC running Xcode 7 or higher
- Supports devices iPad (1,2,3,4), iPad Air (1,2), iPad Mini (1,2,3), iPhone (4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6+, 6s, 6s+), iPod touch (4, 5, 6).
Kodi XBMC Download for iOS With Jailbreak
If you are jailbreak user, your task is simple. Follow below step by step guide to Kodi XBMC download and install for iOS on iPhone , iPad, and iPod Touch.
- Open Cydia from home screen.
- Navigate to Sources–>Edit–>and click on Add.
- You will get a pop-up with a dialogue Enter URL: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios.
- Click on Add Source. Now you have added repository successfully. Now Return to Cydia and search for ‘’Kodi-iOS’’.
- When the result came install it by tapping install.
That’s it. Your Kodi XBMC download and install for iOS on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch is completed with jailbreak. Now enjoy the features of Kodi XBMC.
Method 1: Kodi XBMC Download for iOS Without Jailbreak Using Xcode 7
There are many users who don’t want to jailbreak due to many reasons for those follow below guide to have Kodi XBMC download for iOS on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch without jailbreak.
- Download the deb file, the iOS App Signer, (save both to desktop) and make sure you have Xcode 7 installed.
- Connect your iOS device to your Mac, launch Xcode, create a new application, and give it a unique name like “Kodi” and an identifier.
- Under the Team drop-down box, select your current team or login with your Apple ID. If you see a button that says Fix, click it to resolve any provisioning profile issues.
- Minimize Xcode and launch iOS App Signer. Click browse and double click on the Kodi.deb file that you downloaded. Select the Signing Certificate and Provisioning Profile, and click Start. The Kodi.ipa file should be saved to your desktop.
- Open Xcode, and click Window in the menu bar and Select Devices.
- Select your iOS device from the list of devices, and click the + sign and select the Kodi.IPA
- The Kodi app should be built and deployed to your device.
That is the end of procedure to Kodi XBMC download and installation. Below is the one more method for Kodi XBMC download and installation.
Method 2: Kodi XBMC Download for iOS Without Jailbreak Using Cydia Impactor
This is one more method to have Kodi XBMC download for iOS on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch without jailbreak. You don’t need Xcode or App signer in this method.
- Connect your iDevice to your computer and make sure it’s connected.
- Extract Cydia Impactor zip in your computer. If you don’t have download Cydia impactor.
- Locate Impactor.exe file and run to install Cydia impactor(Don’t Run as Administrator).
- Once completed make sure your device is detected by Cydia Impactor.
- If detected a drag and drop Kodi.iPA file in Cydia
- Give your Apple ID and click on OK to start the installation of Kodi XBMC on an iOS
- Once installation completed you can see Kodi icon on your iOS device.
- Now go to Settings–>General–> Profiles and Trust the developer.
Now you have Kodi XBMC download and installation completed. You can start using Kodi XBMC on your iDevice.
That is all about Kodi XBMC download and installation procedure. It’s really bad not having apps like Kodi in App store. Jailbreak version will work perfectly than without jailbreak solutions. You may have many fears, but with a little bit of caution, jailbreak is safe. We are at the end of the article on How to Download Kodi XBMC for iOS on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Hope you like the article. Please do share it on social media. Keep visiting us for more updates from the jailbreak community.