Luca Todesco has confirmed that iOS 10.2 jailbreak will hit soon with his tweet ‘’ My fix for the issues in the 10.1 jailbreak will be to add support to 10.2. It will however not work on iPhone 7 on 10.2, just 10 and 10.1.’’. If you are a jailbreak enthusiast, there is one important thing you should do to prepare your device for jailbreak i.e saving SHSH2 blobs for iOS 10.2. Today here we are presenting the tutorial why you need to save SHSH2 blobs for iOS 10.2? and how to save SHSH2 blobs for iOS 10.2?
Why to Save SHSH2 Blobs for iOS 10.2 Jailbreak
The one big reason to download and save SHSH2 blobs for iOS 10.2 is Apple may stop signing 10.2 at any time as there is a news that we can expect iOS 10.3 release by this week. January 10th is most likely the tentative date for the first beta release of iOS 10.3. Immediately after the release of iOS 10.3 full version, Apple will most likely stop signing all other previous versions.
Once Apple stop signing it you can’t go back to the previous iOS versions to which jailbreak available. But there are some tools like Prometheus which lets you downgrade your iOS version even after Apple stop signing the particular iOS version. This could happen with SHSH2 blobs saved. So if you want to downgrade you iOS versions to iOS 10.2 and jailbreak once released, it is better to save SHSH2 blobs for iOS 10.2. So, follow the below procedure to save SHSH2 blobs for iOS 10.2.
How to Save SHSH2 Blobs for iOS 10.2 Jailbreak
There is a tool named tsschecker to save SHSH2 blobs for iOS 10.2 for downgrading or upgrading your iOS versions. Downloading SHSH2 blobs using tsschecker required more technical knowledge as it is a bit complex process. There comes the new online tool named aptly named TSS Saver by IConan to make the whole process of saving SHSH2 blobs easy and user-friendly. Follow the below guide to saving SHSH2 blobs for iOS 10.2 jailbreak. (Source: reddit1, reddit2)
- As a first step recognize your device’s ECID number and Model identifier. To get ECID number you need to connect your device to the machine using a lightning cable and launch iTunes.
- Once iTunes launched click on Summary tab on the left pane.
- Now locate the Serial number on the right pane, click on it till you see ECID number and copy it to the clipboard. ECID should be submitted as Hexadecimal So if you get decimal value convert it to Hexadecimal using some online converters.
- Next for getting Model Identifier keep on clicking Serial number till you get Model Identifier for your device.
- Once you noted down both ECID and Model Identifier head over to the following URL to access TSS saver: tsssaver.1conan.com.
- Enter Hexadecimal ECID and select the Identifier you recognized earlier. Now verify the Captcha by clicking and verifying ‘’I’m not a robot’’ check before clicking submit.
- Once after verifying and clicking Submit button online tool will do everything for you and saves the SHSH2 blobs for iOS versions currently being signed by Apple. Then it will directly take you to a results page which will give you access to the saved blobs for downloading. Copy and save the link. Wait for 15 mins to get the blobs and try checking the blobs.
- If you lost your URL, head over to above URL once again and give Hexadecimal ECID in lost your link and click on get your blobs button to save the SHSH2 blobs for iOS.
That’s the end of the procedure to save SHSH2 blobs for iOS 10.2. Follow the procedure carefully and grab the SHSH2 blobs for iOS.
Update: Apple stops sigining iOS 10.2 making impossible to save SHSH blobs. Chech here the details.
That is the end of the article on why you should save SHSH2 blobs for IOS 10.2 and how to save SHSH2 blobs for iOS 10.2 and all signed iOS versions. Follow the guide carefully and save SHSH2 blobs for iOS 10.2 jailbreak. In our next article, we will come up with the tutorial on how to use SHSH2 blobs for downgrade or upgrade the iOS. Thanks for visiting us. Keep visiting us for more iOS and jailbreak updates.