How to unjailbreak iPhone : Cydia is a very useful tool. It allows the users of Apple devices to have complete control over the functionality of their devices, even allowing to change the deepest of the settings! Yes, but as you know, everything has its down sides. Jailbreaking over the time will degrade the performance of your Apple device. Not that all devices show signs of slowdowns, however a majority of them do.
There may be other reasons supporting your decision of un-jailbreaking your device too. Maybe you are willing to sell your phone, you want to upgrade to the latest software version by Apple, or you just simply want to start the Jailbreaking thing from a fresh piece of software. Whatever may be the case, this article on how to unjailbreak iPhone will be surely helpful to you.
In the further paragraphs, you will come across two methods of un-jailbreaking your Apple device, first by official iTunes and second, by using a Cydia eraser tool. Both of them are completely safe, however ensure the compatibility of either before proceeding with how to unjailbreak iPhone guides.
The following how to unjailbreak iPhone and other iDevice guides are full-fledged. If you are on a newer software version, do cross-check with the exploit publisher to avoid any bricked devices.
How to Unjailbreak iPhone Using iTunes
ITunes, as most of us will be aware of, is the official computer package suite for the Apple devices. The same is used to sync all the data, update you iPhone and even restore your iPhone to a mint condition. The process by which we will be going to un-jailbreak using iTunes will update your iPhone to the latest iOS version out for your device, so do keep that in mind unless you want to go to a specific software version.
This method on how to unjailbreak iPhone works for those who have earlier took a backup of their Apple device on the computer using iTunes.
- Connect your Apple device to the computer using lightning cable supplied.
- Ensure that your phone has a minimum of 20% battery power left, or leave it to charge until it gets so.
- If you don’t have iTunes installed, you can download the same by going to the Apple’s official website. ITunes is completely free to download.
- Launch iTunes on your PC and let the phone sync with the software. If you are connecting your phone for first time, then a prompt may show up on your iPhone. Grant the permission for so.
- From the left side menu, pick the device you are willing to restore.
- Choose the restore option and then find the ‘Backup’ option.
- From there, choose the backup you want to restore and then proceed with the restoration process.
- The process will take around 20 minutes or maybe more, depending on the size of the data.
- After your phone has been restored, unplug it and restart once.
If you see any errors during the process, then try unplugging, reinserting and following this how to unjailbreak iPhone process again.
How to Unjailbreak iPhone Using Cydia Eraser
This how to unjailbreak iphone method does not require a computer or any such secondary device to proceed with the un-jailbreak process. However, it requires Cydia to be active on your device. An added advantage of this method is that it will not update your iPhone to the latest software version.
- Launch the Cydia repository on your iPhone.
- Search for Cydia Eraser app and install the same.
- After the download process has finished, launch the Cydia Eraser app from the home screen.
- Carefully go through the mentioned details to avoid any errors thereafter.
- After you are done with reading, choose ‘Erase all data, unjailbreak iPhone device’.
- A prompt will pop up on the device asking for confirmation.
- Tap on the ‘Erase all’ option to proceed.
- A new window will popup showing the progress of unjailbreak iOS process.
- The process will take around 5-15 minutes.
- After the process has finished, the device will restart and you will see a loading bar. This is the indication that the process is successful and the device is being reset so that you can activate it.
Follow the welcome process and once that is complete, go to settings and general tab to confirm that you are on the same software version.
Now that the how to unjailbreak iPhone process is completed, you can proceed with doing whatever you want. As an additional step, you can also consider updating your iPhone to the latest firmware version if you are willing to run stock software (i.e. not jailbreaking the device again).
So I hope this is the answer for your query ”How to jailbreak iPhone”. Follow any one method and unjailbreak your device to normal stock software. We will get back to you soon with a new interesting topic.